This is a summary of the philhealth benefits and coverage given by Philhealth to its members and beneficiaries. Although updates may be checked further at the website of: http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/
The said office enjoins all Filipinos to be a member. As such, the readers are encourage to learn more of the services offered by the company and the contribution to maintain it.
- Day surgeries, dialysis and cancer treatment
- procedures such as chemotheraphy and radiotheraphy in accredited hospitals and free-standing clinics.
Special benefit packages:
- Enhanced Outpatient Benefit Package
- Coverage for up to the fourth normal delivery!
- Newborn Care Package
- TB treatment through DOTS
- SARS and Avian Influenza Package
- Influenza A (H1N1) Package
Coverage for normal spontaneous deliveries
PhilHealth provides compensation for uncomplicated normal spontaneous delivery or NSD of the first four births done either in hospital or non-hospital settings.
For deliveries in hospital facilities - subsidy shall be broken down as follows:
For deliveries in non-hospital facilities a comprehensive package consisting of maternal and childcare services are offered under the Maternity Care Package.
Details of coverage:
Amount of coverage
Prenatal to postnatal care including family planning services
Duly accredited birthing homes, maternity and lying-in clinics etc.
Confinement within validity period as stated in the Member Data Record
Pregnancies resulting to abortion are not covered by the limitation of coverage of vaginal deliveries of the first four births.
Enhanced Outpatient Benefit Package
Enjoy a comprehensive package of benefits designed to ensure the health of our new heroes and their families.
B. Diagnostic services
Complete blood count (CBC)
- Routine urinalysis
- Fasting blood sugar
- Blood typing
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Anti-streptolysin O (ASO-Titer)
- Hepatitis B Screening Test
- Treponema pallidum hemaglutination assay (TPHA)
- Potassium hydroxide (KOH)
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)
- Pregnancy test
- X-ray (Skull, Chest, Lower and Upper Extremities)
- Sputum Microscopy
- Pap Smear
C. Visual acuity examination
D. Psychological evaluation and debriefing
E. Promotive/preventive health services:
- Visual acetic acid screening for cervical cancer
- Periodic digital rectal examination
- Periodic clinical breast examination (CBE)
- Counseling for cessation on smoking
- Lifestyle modification (regular blood pressure measurement and nutritional or dietary counseling)
- Counseling for reproductive health particularly breastfeeding
- Nutritional or dietary counseling
F. Auditory evaluation
G. Treatment of the following diseases based on PhilHealth-adopted clinical practice guidelines:
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (URTI)
- Acute gastroenteritis (AGE)